OVERVIEW(We are not offering sponsorship roles at this time)
Typical Years of Experience
Key Job Candidate Characteristics
- Demonstrated strong .Net skills in a team environment.
- Proven and hands-on technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on a sub-system design.
- Able to interface with and communicate with client personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability and strong desire to understand and utilize a variety of technologies.
The .Net Software Engineer is responsible for design and development of software to include requirements analysis, software design, coding, software integration, testing, debugging, and maintenance. The Software Engineer is responsible for independently working on a project under the day-to-day supervision of an NVISIA Project Manager.
- Delivers high-quality software development expertise
- Understands stakeholder's needs and requirements and follows Use Cases as functional specification for development
- Understands the UI flow and its impact on the system design
- May provide day-to-day technical leadership to developer(s) and outlines tasks associated with the design of the system.
- May be primary technical liaison for the project teams.
- Understands emerging technologies and adopts them quickly.
- Defines and implements project level technical standards, guidelines, architectures and processes for a small project and assists in establishing project design standards
- Shows mastery of implementation patterns and provides practical guidance for design patterns.
- Can balance technical leadership responsibilities with individual task completion.
- Performs design reviews.
- Designs the system/architecture based on the defined requirements.
- Performs detailed design tasks as required
- Has a mastery of implementation patterns and practices applying good design patterns and practices
- Mentors Software Developers in the delivery of high-quality software
- Helps establish coding guidelines and standards for the project
- Helps establish an integration plan
- Performs code inspections and reviews at the direction of the Project Manager
- Unit tests each class
- Designs test components
- Assists in integration and system tests
- Understands the design limitations and practical constraints of the deployment environment
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Keeps the Project Manager informed of progress, set-backs and any new issues that may affect the ability of NVISIA to meet client expectations
- Gives advance notice to the Project Manager when requiring specific resources: hardware, software, training, supplies, etc.
- Obtains authorization from the Project Manager before working overtime hours
- Communicates client feedback and/or comments to the Project Manager
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Assists in the interview and new employee integration processes when asked and completes the associated paperwork in a timely fashion
- Participates in all programs and supports all policies relating to performance evaluations, career development planning, and time and expense management.
- Mentors Software Developers
- Experience in matching the appropriate technologies to business needs.
- Proven track record for providing technology innovation that offers value for clients.
- Experience in collaboration with client teams.
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering, or science/technology-based discipline.
- Understands database concepts and client/server, distributed and internet systems architectures.
- Has experience with various programming languages. Significant experience with .Net is a requirement.
- Understands the software development life cycle and software methodologies including Object Oriented design methodologies.
- Understands Internet technologies and user Interface design methodologies.
- Proven experience with the following Microsoft technologies required: SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Proven experience with the following .Net frameworks required: ASP.Net MVC and Ling, Net frameworks strongly desired: ADO.NET Entity Framework, NHibernate, WCF.
Consultant Professional Qualities
- Uses effective and professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Actively listens to the points of view, ideas, and concerns of others.
- Keeps current on trends and learns new skills.
- Effectively drives the work that needs to be completed with little direction.
- Champions change and supports the implementation of new ideas.
- Builds confidence and trust with others.
- Has a proven record of fostering a positive working relationship between NVISIA and the client’s internal management and staff.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.