.Net Software Engineer
Feel like you’ve learned everything you can with the job you have?
Would you like to combine getting smarter with doing what makes sense?
Would you like to work with people who are excited about technology and always looking for ways to do their jobs better?
WHO IS NVISIA?
NVISIA is a consulting firm focused in application development with 26 years of successful project delivery. We partner with our clients to define their development standards, tune their processes and deliver their most critical applications. We work collaboratively with them, filling key leadership roles in their teams. We are constantly impressing clients with just how much we can do.
Our consultants are full-time employees who move with us from one client project to the next. To adapt to technology changes between projects, an NVISIA consultant must have true technical skill. To work directly with our clients, an NVISIA consultant must also be a good communicator with a strong sense of teamwork.
NVISIA offers one of the best environments for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, overtime, and medical/dental/vision insurance. By joining the NVISIA team, your brain WILL be used, your hard work WILL be rewarded, and the projects you work on WILL have impact.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
The .Net Software Engineer is responsible for architecture, design and development of software to include requirements analysis, software design, coding, software integration, testing, debug, and maintenance. The .Net Software Engineer is responsible for independently working on a project under the day-to-day supervision of an NVISIA Project Manager.
Applicants must be comfortable with 20% regional travel.
- 2+ years of strong .Net (C#) programming experience
- Attention to object-oriented design principles
- Attention to software quality, using tools such as source control, unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with common .Net tools and frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, ADO.NET, NHibernate, Entity framework, Nuget, and LINQ
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to grasp new technologies
- Understands stakeholder’s needs and requirements and follows Use Cases as functional specification for development
- Understands the UI flow and its impact on the system design
- Assists in establishing project design standards
- Refines the design standards and guidelines for the project
- Performs detailed design tasks as required
- Helps establish coding guidelines and standards for the project
- Helps establish an integration plan
- Performs code inspections and reviews at the direction of the Project Manager
- Unit tests each class and can design test components
- Assists in integration and system tests
- Understands the design limitations and practical constraints of the deployment environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Working on various projects in various technical environments
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate software design with various skill levels
- Experience mentoring Software Developers in the delivery of high-quality software
- Assists in the interview and integration processes when asked
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- 2+ years of professional experience
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering or science / technology-based discipline
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for every day, we would love to hear from you.